Q-Switch

Q-Switch Nd: YAG:
Up to this point, the evacuation of melanocytic nevi has been performed with a CO2 laser or Er:YAG
laser. These lasers have been helpful for evacuating influenced spots. Be that as it may, expansion of spots or some sequelae, including discouraged or hypertrophic scars, could create as undesirable outcomes. The Q-exchanged Nd:YAG laser has been utilized to evacuate profound situated melanocytes, for example, Ota nevus or tattoos. In any case, there have been no past analyses performed to test the adequacy and wellbeing of this laser treatment for melanocytic nevi.

Objective

The target of this examination was to research the adequacy and wellbeing of the 1,064 nm Q- exchanged Nd:YAG laser for expelling melanocytic nevi, including intrinsic nevomelanocytic and procured nevomelanocytic nevi.

Techniques

Two thousand and sixty four Korean patients with little melanocytic nevi were treated with a Q-changed Nd:YAG laser from 2005 to 2009. High-determination photos were taken in indistinguishable lighting and positions when the a month and a half of treatment to watch the procedural adequacy.

Results

Around 70% of the nevi treated utilizing a 1,064 nm Q-exchanged Nd:YAG laser were totally evacuated after one session. The other 30% were totally treated inside three sessions. The presence of sequelae, for example, empty scars discernibly diminished contrasted with the outcomes found in CO2 or Er:YAG laser medications. Change in melasma pigmentation was seen in both the QS:YAG-and QS:Ruby-treat-ed
sides, and this was all around kept up in the QS:YAG gathering. Ultrastructurally, melanin granules were wrecked in the two gatherings, yet there was significantly more morphological epidermal and dermal harm in the QS:Ruby examples contrasted and negligible epidermal disturbance and cell harm in the QS:YAG examples.

Conclusion

Q-exchanged 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser conditioning offered prevalent outcomes in the treatment of melasma in the Japanese skin write contrasted and the Q-exchanged ruby laser, both ultra structurally with less instantly post-treatment cell harm and perceptibly, and a more drawn out repeat free interim.